You gave thanks. You got some great deals (or you skipped the shopping). And now here it is: Giving Tuesday, a day for giving back. The perfect day to take action for a healthier and more equitable world by making a gift to PATH.
Why give to PATH? Here are five reasons:
1. Like us, you believe that no child should die of a preventable disease and no mother should die in childbirth. Your support of PATH fuels our work to create a world where all mothers get to hug their babies and all children have the potential to thrive.
2. Right now, you can double your impact. A generous donor is matching every dollar PATH receives toward our goal to raise $275,000 between now and December 31. That means your gift will go twice as far.
3. A gift to PATH has lifesaving impact. Mothers and babies surviving childbirth. Vaccines and drugs for malaria, meningitis, pneumonia, diarrheal disease. Safe water in people’s homes. Contraceptives that put protection in women’s hands. And 118 million people reached last year alone. Need we say more?
4. PATH is an excellent steward of your gifts. We’ve been awarded Charity Navigator’s highest rating for sound fiscal management for nine years in a row! Only 1 percent of rated charities can say the same.
5. You’ll join our powerful community of donors. Our supporters believe in the power of innovation. They’re reaching out from communities around the world to help us save lives. Meet some of them and learn their stories.
So much depends on health—education, empowerment for women and girls, financial opportunity. With just a click, you can invest in the world we dream of—and help our year-end campaign get off to a strong start.
- Lesley Reed is a senior editor at PATH.